letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Paul Rolling Stone Interview  (Read 1652 times)

kylenz

• Email
Re: Paul Rolling Stone Interview
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 03:25:31 am »

I read a fair chunk of that interview earlier today, and kinda stopped reading when he was asked that question "is rock dead" - and Macca's answer was like "oh no, it's hard for us to judge now but, I do like some hip-hop songs".

Ummmm, NEWSFLASH MACCA! HIP-HOP IS NOT ROCK!!!!

What is up with his man-crush on Kanye? What songs have Kanye actually contributed to the canon of classic hits for decades to come? Not counting his spectaular 'cover' of Bohemian Rhapsody of course! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzNXfsJRijg

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 06:55:48 pm »

I know that when you read a print interview, there is a lot lost in the translation....but I did feel that Paul was heading towards a "get off my lawn" direction.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:21:59 am »

There were some really good bits in that interview though - like when he said he really would like to see 'Let It Be' released properly on film, and can't understand why it hasn't gone ahead - pointing out that he himself doesn't come out in a good light, yet has no objection to it being re-released.

Another great little bit was when he was asked if he could see himself still doing this at 80, and he remembered when he was 17 there was a guy in John's class at art school who was 24, and they thought he was so old! It sure puts things in perspective!

And I like his stance on the industry today. He says that he doesn't expect to sell may copies of future albums, but he's had his time and heyday selling millions - it's a different world now.