letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: LTB Recruitment Drive  (Read 1747 times)

kylenz

• Email
LTB Recruitment Drive
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:21:15 pm »

I looked at the number of members we have, and it said we have something like 15 members tops. That's quite a small figure for the time it's been going. It's a shame the old board gave up the ghost, but we've got to look forward and think of ways to attract new Beatles fans. Or with the advent of 'like' pages on Facebook, are traditional web forums simply becoming old hat?

Does anyone have any ideas of getting a bit more participation going? It's so cool partaking in some wonderful discussion with the people who do post here, I'm hoping there's a way we can expand and get a few more Beatlemaniacs onboard!

Greg

Re: LTB Recruitment Drive
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

We should email or FB a few people each. 

The web address is gold.  It should attract more people than it does.

Often on boards there are a lot of lurkers who never post.
Perhaps if the topics continue and more discussion happens some of the lurkers and passersby will join in.

The best thing about this board is the people.  All of you are just fun, interesting, and kind.  It's not a board of people fawning over The Beatles.  Their are disagreements yet everyone is supported and treated as a friend.

Shoot, I think we are all connected by FB.  At least I hope all of you have seen my page to basically know who the idiot you're dealing with is.

Edit:  That is a great great idea KyleNZ.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:27:11 pm by Greg »

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:01:59 am »

Yeah this is such a small discussion group for the most popular band the world has ever seen.

It wouldn't hurt having a few extra posters but as you guys say it's a really nice board, you can express what you want and people discuss it, they sometimes agree sometimes don't. But for such a small board there are a lot of good posts.

I just put a link to this on my facebook page.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:11:30 am by Keri »

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:11:40 am »

I'll do the same. :)

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »

Thanks, y'all....four new members applied today!
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

JennyWren

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:30 pm »

I'm a newbie, thought I'd introduce myself.  I know some of you (I think) from long ago on Mike's Macca forum.  I was a member here, too, when this site first started, but life got in the way and I stopped posting and then I couldn't remember my login, yada yada yada.   But, now I'm back, and I'm happy to be here. 

My name here, JennyWren, is the same as on Mike's.  I recognize one name here (you, Mervap  :)  - hi ).  Do I know any of the rest of you from the other place?  Is PaperbackWriter still around?  I loved the thought-provoking posts PBW wrote that led to fun discussions. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:49:34 pm by JennyWren »

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

Howdy, Jenny! How've you been? There's still a couple here from when you were last here, but PBW isn't one of them. I, too, loved his thought-provoking posts, but I recall life got in his way as well.

Great to see you again!
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?