letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: RAM Remasters  (Read 1785 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
RAM Remasters
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:05:54 pm »

For this most recent Father's Day, my wife gave me the RAM Re-masters CD Deluxe set, including the second disc of bonus tracks. I have always loved RAM....my only beef with it, even when I had the vinyl, was it lacked the polish and depth of sound quality of some of Paul's mid-seventies work. That has been addressed BIG TIME in the re-master!!! It sounds so much better, it almost sounds like a re-mix....

I'd have to say that, with the re-master, RAM is now my favorite Macca album.....no question.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

kylenz

• Email
Re: RAM Remasters
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:59:38 am »

I've always had fond regard for my vinyl copy of 'Ram', and always thought the sound quality was absolutely gorgeous. Mind you, I haven't heard it since the cd remasters to compare them. There's such a richness in the likes of 'Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey', and the acoustic guitar is so well brought out in 'Too Many People', '3 Legs', 'Heart of the Country' etc. The only thing that used to bug me was the high pitched ukelele sound in 'Ram On' - it sounds like it was recorded in a toilet!

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: RAM Remasters
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:03:05 am »

My RAM vinyl had seen its better days before I had a really good stereo, so it might have been my player....having said that, the remasters have caused my to fall for this album even more!
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?