letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: roger ebert  (Read 1433 times)

chris

• Email
roger ebert
« on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:11 pm »

I grew up in Chicago. still live in the area. I grew up reading two iconic movie critics. gene siskel and roger ebert. they started on tv. seemingly rarely got along. but were always an entertaining watch. siskel died in 1999 of brain cancer. and...after a lengthy battle with cancer himself, roger died just this past week. he slowed his tv appearances lately as the disease had disfigured him. but it didn't stop him from writing. in fact, his writing improved tremendously.

i'm getting older. and I am aware of those who made a difference...who made an impact...in my life. paul McCartney did. so did Stephen king. and as it turns out, so did roger ebert. I have to be honest, i'm sad just typing this. it is a dark day in my household.   
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: roger ebert
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:12:38 am »

Yeah, Chris, I read about Roger Ebert's passing with some sadness the other day....I used to watch his show (with Gene Siskel) on Saturdays here in Atlanta. I could tell that, even though they disagreed a great deal about the movies they reviewed, they obviously respected each other a great deal.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?