Every Little Thing- Beatles Discussion > The Beatles- All In The Family

Came across this neat Sean & Charlotte interview

(1/2) > >>

kylenz:
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2014-05/23/sean-lennon-interview-goastt

This bit cracked me up - love the banter between these two (for more of that, look up their Amoeba Music 'What's In My Bag' YouTube clip!)

--- Quote ---What was the best record in your parent's collection growing up?
CKM: My parents had a lot of folk and classical. I'm sure Sean had an amazing record collection.
SL: My dad listened to a lot of Elvis.
CKM: That's funny. You don't really give a s*** about Elvis.
--- End quote ---
;D

Greg:
That was a great quote.  I do respect Sean.  It's amazing he's relatively sane.  He's not that talented and there-before-John's-legend-goes-Sean.  But he's trying something different and has developed some unique stuff. 

kylenz:

--- Quote from: Greg on July 21, 2014, 10:46:35 am ---That was a great quote.  I do respect Sean.  It's amazing he's relatively sane.  He's not that talented and there-before-John's-legend-goes-Sean.  But he's trying something different and has developed some unique stuff.

--- End quote ---

I would beg to differ and say 'Midnight Sun' is the best album made by anyone this year; and not only that, it is a better album than anything Julian has done, and it's better than Mind Games, better than Some Time in New York City, better than Walls and Bridges, and only a notch below Double Fantasy. And some of the melodies on that album are so ornate, I don't think John would've been capable of coming up with similar hooks himself. I think that's the Charlotte influence coming in there though. She likes exploring different progressions and different directions.

And I also think he is a way better guitar player than John.

Greg:
Well I just listened to that new one.  Goastt?  It's really something.  I haven't heard him in a couple years.  What a great album.  She also seems to be contributing quite a bit on this stuff.  I had no idea he was doing such great stuff these days. Wow. 

kylenz:
It's a real eye-opener eh! That first single 'Animals' would have to be one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. There's another track on it 'Poor Paul Getty' that Macca got to hear (was very much in a McCartney style) and he was reportedly really impressed.

This is my fave version of Animals.. they did a really great rendition on Letterman but this is even better! And Charlotte's bass playing is superb. She does all these little runs that Macca would be proud of.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97cTgz-OQ0g

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version