Paul McCartney Forums > McCartney- Albums

Ram

(1/2) > >>

Mervap:
I've always considered "Ram" to be Paulie's "White Album". On no other Macca album will one find as wide a diversity in styles coupled with such an unbridled sense of adventure. Of course, many Macca albums have a wide range of song styles, but "Ram" has a roughness in production that reminds me of the "White Album".

The only tune that ever gets skipped on this CD is the first "Ram On", not so much because it's weak but I enjoy "Dear Boy" so much.

chris:
always loved this one. but I didn't realize how much till I heard the remastered version. his vocals are at top form. his melodies are as lush as they've ever been. dear boy rocked my world. uncle albert has this weird whimsy to it. too many people? is it about john? I seem to think so. and evidently, so did john. this album...is now my absolute favorite paulie moment.

Keri:
Love your enthusiasm for this Chris, I'm there with you.

chris:
one thing I noticed for the first time...was that every song on ram (and it's bonus songs) featured paul doing an instrumental part...with his mouth. I knew about this before...I mean, I was aware this album had a bit of that. in a way it's something he's always done. but this album actually has this characteristic.

it's just another day, do do do do do

and fuhdufahdah...

Mervap:
From the deluxe RAM re-issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsQ3kIMdrAQ&list=PLnR3JVGO50zs-vcNIsX-0Qi2Gwd7QVKOr&index=13

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version