letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: "Temporary Secretary" debuts live  (Read 2303 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
"Temporary Secretary" debuts live
« on: May 24, 2015, 01:33:15 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93qKDDE43lo

I've always liked this tune a lot....glad it finally got played live.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
Re: "Temporary Secretary" debuts live
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 06:48:45 pm »

Oh neat. I heard him talking about the guys in the band wanting to do that one. Nice to see him doing some "new" stuff on tour like that.  :) NOBODY KNOWS would be cool too.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:40:26 pm »

Yeah, I saw this the other night - man it made my day to see this! Great performance too - and great vocals! Y'know I read a lot of rubbish about how Macca's voice is diminishing but in recent times he's been great. Here's more footage from that same concert and the audio has been well-recorded - you can see he's singing 'Another Girl' absolutely no different to back in the 'Help!' days, and Golden Slumbers didn't sound strained like it did say at the Grammys a couple of years ago - he was nailing those high notes with ease - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRscg_uq8D0

I'm so stoked he's playing 'Temporary Secretary' !!! My fave track from Macca II - I wonder if he will do 'Darkroom' next?  ;D

'One of These Days' would go down well too.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 09:03:33 am »

Thank Kyle...that was pretty great.  :)

Hopefully, that person has seen Paul many times and didn't watch the entire concert through his phone. :o

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

I had to do that watching Paul Simon in concert a couple of years ago.

Even though I had a relatively close seat in the stands, he was like a tiny speck so far away.. and there was no video screen. Luckily I had my camera with me so I was able to watch him through the LCD screen at 21x optical zoom, and I could see better than most of the crowd could! I could even make out what chords he was playing, and what the other band members were doing.. the interplay between them etc.

The sound was superb but the venue is shocking as design goes for music concerts. It's primarily a rugby stadium, and Fleetwood Mac and Neil Diamond are playing there later in the year.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 03:06:24 pm »

Hey....I just had an idea. A selfie stick that transforms into a Tripod. GENIUS!!!  ;D

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:11:50 am »

I think they're banning selfie sticks in heaps of places like art galleries now aren't they! I always wonder how they actually take the photo because you'd think depending on the size of your phone, whether it's Apple or Android, Samsung, LG, Nokia, the software is all different, the place where you click on the screen to take the photo would be different. Or does it work through the USB?

Probably a silly question.. I'm guessing it must be an automated thing thru the USB, not a trigger device thing that touches the screen itself..

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:17 am »

I've never seen one myself...but I'm guessing there is a trigger on the handle.