letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Silly, but...whateverrrrrrrrr  (Read 5775 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Silly, but...whateverrrrrrrrr
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:05:23 pm »

Mad scientist gets some Macca DNA and clones him. 25 years later does the clone write Hey Jude?  :o

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Silly, but...whateverrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:28:23 pm »

Hey Jude Redeux
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:37:19 pm »

Nope.  It' s just an inferior clone.  He writes The Girl Is Mine.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »

;D

I really am curious as to how this all works. What are all the things that meld together, that turned Paul into Paul? You'd thing Mike McCartney would be a great song writer too no? Or at least...really good. He had the same "everything"..so...why isn't he?  What is it that "turns on" that kind of talent?

Don't mind me...it's the Nyquil typing.  ;D

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:56:03 pm »

So many factors come into play you'd need to write a book, but I'll chip in with this: We are all a unique mixture of both Nature and Nurture....Mike had a talent, but his manifested itself in his photography mostly, and his group Splinter. Macca had other talents....

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »

In my opinion, Mike McGear did have one moment in the sun with this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIX_KY57DKI - this one is right up there with the best of what Wings did.. dare I suggest, even better than Junior's Farm (released that same year)..

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »

Didn't Paul write all those songs though?

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »

Yeah, he did, and the rest of the Wings lineup (including Jimmy McCulloch) played on it! It's basically a Wings track. Oh well, still pretty good!

Greg

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 12:32:35 pm »

In my opinion, Mike McGear did have one moment in the sun with this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIX_KY57DKI - this one is right up there with the best of what Wings did.. dare I suggest, even better than Junior's Farm (released that same year)..

What a cool tune.  thx for posting

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:24 am »

Apparently,  you could order a house from the Sears Catalogue 100 years ago. Check out the pricing. It would cost a million bucks to build some of these now. :)

http://www.searsarchives.com/homes/1915-1920.htm

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »

I recall reading in a history of my town that, as of 2008, there were still 6 of these houses here.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 03:34:00 am »

Yeah I've seen these old houses from the Sears catalogues before. I can't believe the level of design and workmanship in them; here in New Zealand today if you have a new home built, it basically looks like a bland little box with no imagination or character whatsoever. What happened to us? As people?  ???

Greg

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 04:46:30 am »

Yeah I've seen these old houses from the Sears catalogues before. I can't believe the level of design and workmanship in them; here in New Zealand today if you have a new home built, it basically looks like a bland little box with no imagination or character whatsoever. What happened to us? As people?  ???

We have some of those in our town.  I owned one about 12 years ago.  They are really cool.  Mine was not great but pretty cool details on some of it.

I can't believe we don't put more effort into architecture.  It is is important, as it helps shape our world.  It is what we see every day.  You look back at how they use to do things, and see a lot of cool old stuff.  I remember our town changing in the 70s, as they would just take down some of the older stuff and replace it with the cheapest utilitarian crap that they could come up with.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:09:37 am »

As someone who worked in that area, I can tell you it all comes down to cost. You can add detail to a small house or you can build a giant house(for the same money). Most people opt for the big house. It is sad though that you pretty much have to be in a 100 year old house to find any character.

I mean...this house is 3100 bucks. NOW...just the front door would cost that!  :o

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:14:36 am by 2 of 3 »

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 11:46:48 pm »

Ha!  As it turns out, I'm not a dope afterall !  ;)

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/wuwt-typos/

The reason typos get through isn’t because we’re stupid or careless, it’s because what we’re doing is actually very smart, explains psychologist Tom Stafford, who studies typos of the University of Sheffield in the UK. “When you’re writing, you’re trying to convey meaning. It’s a very high level task,” he said.
Pages: [1] 2