Paul McCartney Forums > McCartney- Albums

"Wings Greatest" had a "Vol. 2" instead of "All The Best"

(1/1)

Derek:
I decided this needed to be a whole other topc im responding from another album thread that needed its own topic.

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Quote from: kylenz on August 26, 2014, 08:12:41 PM
Quote from: Greg on August 26, 2014, 11:17:19 AM
Exhibit A:  I might have mentioned this before, but I bought Wing's Greatest thinking he had re-recorded all those songs.  I kept listening really closely thinking, "Man, they sound just like the original recordings."

Wings Greatest almost deserves a thread of its own. Until 'All The Best' came along, this was the only way to get all those terrific singles on an LP format. I loved it because it was the only way I could get to hear 'Another Day', 'Live and Let Die', 'Junior's Farm', 'Hi Hi Hi'.. apart from hearing the songs on the radio which became less and less as the eighties kicked in. I remember when I was a kid, my only way of listening to 'Another Day' was via this LP of cover versions by unnamed acts, with a beautiful bikini girl on the front cover! '12 Top Hits' was the name of it!  :o
I agree. But i also think that in 1987, instead of "All The Best" there just shouldve been a Vol 2. with "Wings Greatest" being reissued. It still couldve been a 2 record set. I mean Dylan's "Hits Vol 2" was a double record while the first was just a single record. it couldve went like this:
Side 1:
Listen To What The Man Said
Tomorrow
Take It Away
Say, Say, Say
Every Night
Side 2:
No More Lonely Nights
Helen Wheels
Maybe, I'm Amazed (Live)
Getting Closer
Waterfalls (Full Album Version)