letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 3704 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Top Gear
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:23:29 am »

We're two episodes in to this 22nd series and it's been great so far. Pretty nice return to form. Plus, this year is the first time it is simulcast all over the world at the same time it plays in the UK...which is a great idea. I guess Dr Who was the first to try this...and it works.  :)  AND....they are on Youtube..though in some weird reduced size...but..still there. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXS8KNZWnk

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Top Gear
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:41:29 pm »

Still my favorite show......
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 08:28:17 am »

Now that the boys are off the show, I guess they'll be doing their own version someplace else. I'm guessing it will have to be on a commercial free network of some sort since they rarely have a good thing to say about the cars they test. It looks like Netflix is in the running along with HBO. Hopefully, they find the same quality directors and videographers that the BBC use. Half the charm of that show was how beautifully the segments were shot...not to mention the road trips...which were more travelog than motoring show.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 06:26:33 pm »

Agreed....the photography was very nice. And the humor. And the roadtrips.....

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 06:52:22 pm »

Speaking of cars.....man I love this show.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHumyMaGo6Q

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:21:40 am »

I'd never seen that show....very cool! They might have picked a better looking car, though. :-)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 08:53:38 am »

I just watched them do up an old Ford Transit Van...so cool. :)

Kind of nice most of the episodes are on Youtube.....for now.  ;)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 11:52:09 am »

Ok people that give a hoot.  It's the LAST Top Gear tonight( with the original 3)  >:(

Though, there are rumours about, that the 3 guys are on the verge of a new show. It was looking like Netflix there for a while, but now it could be ITV.  I'm not sure how ITV can work, it being a commercial network. Clarkson: "The new Ford Focus is RUBBISH!" "We'll be right back after this commercial from our sponsor,  Ford"  :o

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 10:24:45 pm »

Well, I watched the final episode expecting it to blow chunks, and I found myself laughing out loud more than a few times. It was definitely patched together, but still a good episode.  :)

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »

We have been getting the US Top Gear here in New Zealand, and I have to say that I actually prefer the American presenters to Jeremy Clarkson and co! I know I'm probably a lone voice in the wilderness here, I find Clarkson a bit arrogant and the other two riding on his coat-tails. They probably realise their careers would be finished if not for his gravitas.

Where this comes from I do not know - his personality isn't exactly one that sets the world on fire.

The American peeps are a bit more likeable. And they did a great show on electric cars the other night. It was cool to see the Nissan Leaf going 57mph in reverse!  :o

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 06:46:54 pm »

I kind of like all of the Top Gears. I've even seen a few that were not in English and got some entertainment out of them(Russia, Korea). Still, the chemistry between the guys on the UK version is why I like it best. They'll turn up again for sure.  :)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 07:45:56 am »

So the boys have signed with Amazon Prime. Interesting. I guess it will still be one of the most illegally downloaded programs in the world unless they figure out a way to distribute the show in all the countries that don't have Amazon Prime video.  ???

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 09:32:45 pm »

So Amazon is giving them 250 million to produce 39 shows over 3 years. This could be interesting. :)

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 02:14:30 am »

That'll be enough for a few steak dinners.

2 of 3

• Email
Pages: [1] 2