General Discussions > General Discussions

William Shatner Finally Gets The Beatles

(1/2) > >>

Mervap:
I was listening to a podcast called "The Nerdist" and the guest was none other than William Shatner, Capt. Kirk from Star Trek. They were talking about the difference between watching a show on TV and listening to a show on headphones or earbuds. Shatner used this example: He said that back in the 1960's, he'd always thought of The Beatles music as kind of mindless, simple stuff. You know, "Hey Jude....Na, na, na......". Never gave it a second thought. Later, someone gave him an ipod that was pre-loaded with a variety of different music, including The Beatles' catalogue. He happened across "The White Album" and was gobsmacked by the amount of detail he was hearing.....said he couldn't stop. He became a huge fan just a few years ago and all because he could hear it so much better on earphones.

2 of 3:
James Tinnitus Kirk :)

Mervap:
^^^^^^^^^ ;D

Greg:
Hard to believe someone could miss the true nature of The Beatles.  But shoot, I know lots of people who just think of them as just a pop group.  He was older than the fabs so that may explain it; he probably just dismissed this new music.  I suppose if you just don't bother to listen to anything other than the radio hits, then you get a different impression of them than we do.

Credit to him for giving them a listen and appreciating the depth of their music.

2 of 3:
I just had to. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version