letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Silly, but...whateverrrrrrrrr  (Read 5768 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Silly, but...whateverrrrrrrrr
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 12:21:51 am »

Hey Greg.....got any snow?  ;D ;)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 04:16:36 pm »

Ok...so what does a conductor do? No...not a train....a symphony. Can 80 or so musicians not play without the dude with the stick? And...if not....how much of a difference do they make. Lets say you had 3 different conductors with the same musicians. Each time they play the same piece. Would it sound different with each conductor?  :P

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 06:24:27 pm »

Conductor's instructions: 1) Face orchestra. 2) Wave arms until music stops.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 07:06:25 pm »

Hang on...that sounds like what a drummer does.  ;D ;)

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 03:41:21 am »

We don't always stop when the music does..... ;D

Greg

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 09:41:10 am »

I missed 2s message on Nov 19.  Just saw it now.  Yes. 

The snow here has been weird.

We have had over 6 feet of snow already this winter.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 09:27:56 am »

It occurred to me today that everything has been done before. Every song you hear reminds you of another. Every movie..tv show...book...work of art...reminds us of something else. And you know what? It doesn't matter. The job of the artist now, it to make familiar better than before. The Beatles did that. They heard a song and wrote that songs idea "better". If you're really talented, you can make that "better"... sound original.

Don't worry...someday I'll make a blog post "better" too.  ;D

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 08:39:30 pm »

I am working with a 22 year old guy....he's been a sheltered music listener and, when he heard I loved the Beatles, asked to hear some. He's eating it up, but had not heard many of the tunes. I say this to point out that, even if it's all been done before, there are always going to be folks who've never heard it all before.  8)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 08:59:15 am »

That's cool..it's great to discover greatness. :)  I had a buddy in his 40's that would always tell me how over rated The Beatles were...that all their stuff sounded the same(this from a guy whose fav band was Dave Matthews Band...go figure). He asked me if I had any INXS and I said yes and made him a CD....I filled up the end of the CD with a few songs from The White Album. Next time I saw him he was telling me how much he loved the last few songs on the CD. Hilarious.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 05:43:28 pm »

Find out which song was number ONE on your Birthday.

http://www.birthdayjams.com/

I'm not sure why mine showed a picture of Thomas Edison as a baby and said N.A.  ;)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 09:06:48 am »

I'm pretty sure I asked this on the old site, but I don't remember if it was discussed..so...I try again. Keri was talking about Paul's voice and how he might use guest singers. I wondered if he ever had any thought of giving 10 songs to an unknown band and let them do as they wish with them. It's not uncommon for Paul to write for other people.(Come and Get It). I think that would be an interesting experiment for him. It could also be ego crushing..but I'm not sure he cares about that as much any more.

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure I asked this on the old site, but I don't remember if it was discussed..so...I try again. Keri was talking about Paul's voice and how he might use guest singers. I wondered if he ever had any thought of giving 10 songs to an unknown band and let them do as they wish with them. It's not uncommon for Paul to write for other people.(Come and Get It). I think that would be an interesting experiment for him. It could also be ego crushing..but I'm not sure he cares about that as much any more.

I wouldn't want to see Paul give away his songs as I think he is a great arranger. I would like Paul to still be in charge, so it wouldn't be ego crushing as Paul would have singers as well as musicians to boss around until he gets what he wants.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 04:42:37 pm »

That's true...but it's his control I'd like to see taken away. He's given some great songs away, but they pretty much sound exactly like the demo he provided those artists. (Come and Get it, Goodbye, Wings of a Nightingale) What do you get with a McCartney song if you take the McCartney out of the equation? How much different would it sound? Obviously, I'm just talking out my butt here...but it's an experiment I'd like to see.   :)

Greg

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 10:35:53 am »

This is a great idea.  Let Costello or Danger Mouse produce the album and have other singers sing some new songs of his.  Just a one-off experiment.  I wouldn't want him to try to write a song for a specific song for a specific artist though.  Name and Address was just written in Elvis style.  I would like the producer to pick who sang what without Paul trying to write with any one specifically in mind.

What's weird is that, in the future, there may be software that lets a person write a song and have Paul sing it because they will have captured enough of his words and vocal sound waves where they can transfer any word he sang into any notes you want.  I don't think that is out of the question.
Pages: 1 [2]