Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: HOF  (Read 2611 times)

Greg

HOF
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:58:09 pm »

Ringo as a solo artist?
I might agree if Supertramp and about million other groups were in.

2 of 3

• Email
Re: HOF
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 07:51:44 pm »

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing. HOF is about as relevant as IHOP.  I'm happy to have Ringo in there though.  :)

Greg

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:15:26 pm »

Post was 3 beers into another band practice.  I keep the computer next to me in case we need to go over something.  But...yeah...I'm glad he is in.  The HOF always just disgusts me.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »

They really do need to play catch up. There is a lot of talent that are going to being selected posthumously if the don't get their act together. 

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 04:34:08 am »

RnR HOF is so different than most other HOFs.....RnR as a genre is so undefined by its very nature. What some call RnR doesn't seem to be so in my book. For example: James Taylor. I like JT a LOT, but I don't think of him when I think of rock-n-roll.....he's in the HOF. Deep Purple gave us, as The Kids In the Hall put it, the 'Holy Trinity of Rock': "Smoke On the Water", among many others......not in. If they want the HOF to be all inclusive, then perhaps they do need to induct more per year than they do.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 07:42:23 am »

If you've ever been mentioned in Rolling Stone, you are eligible.

At least I have till 2021 before my head explodes. ;)

Greg

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 01:05:48 pm »

If you've ever been mentioned in Rolling Stone, you are eligible.
That was hilarious.

Joan Jett but not Chrissie Hynde?   I have to just stop talking and thinking about that institution.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:30:52 pm »

Nah..I think it's good to talk about it.  :)

Obviously we all don't like the same kinds of music...and rock and roll can incorporate a lot of different styles..so who is in isn't the problem. The problem is that one guy kind of runs the thing....and he doesn't like everything. Sure..there is a voting committee that nominates acts...but I can't help but think that Jann Ono gets what he wants in the end. ;)

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 09:38:24 pm »

I'm glad Ringo is in The Beatles were so huge they deserve to be in for the band and each of the members. Ringo is rock n Roll, he's famous. He's still one of the Giants of the Rock n Roll scene.

That Yes isn't in there bugs me. They were really big, they were very influential, but they represent a genre not popular with Rolling Stone.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 12:27:02 am »

Irrespective of who's in and who's out, visiting the museum itself seems like a really cool bucket list thing to do one day.