letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: You'd-Never-Have-Guessed-This Report.  (Read 1910 times)

Greg

You'd-Never-Have-Guessed-This Report.
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:54 am »

In 1967, when The Beatles had to pose for the photograph for the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band cover, Lennon asked Mona Best if he could borrow the war medals her father had been given in India to wear for the photo session. Although still upset at the way her son was dismissed from The Beatles, Mona agreed, and the medals were then returned, along with a Cash Box trophy that is in the letter 'L' of THE BEATLES flower-sign on the cover.

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: You'd-Never-Have-Guessed-This Report.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:27 pm »

That took some nerve.....JL could have just gotten some "costume" medals. Nice of her to comply.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:17:18 pm »

Yep.  I can't believe they didn't try to reach out to him somehow.  John had a custom painted Rolls-Royce and could help Pete out with something?  I guess it's easy for me to criticize and judge. 

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 02:20:25 am »

Yeah that's a bit on the nose, he shouldn't have done that. I think of Chad Channing, the original drummer for Nirvana, he actually did the drumming on the 1989 debut 'Bleach'. Dave Grohl became the Ringo for the band and the addition of Dave catapulted to the next level of stardom, just like Ringo did with The Beatles.

But the band always felt good vibed for Chad, in fact Dave credited the style of a lot of his Nirvana fills to the way Chad Channing would go around the kit. And earlier this year when Nirvana were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Chad wasn't inducted but Dave Grohl gave him a big shout-out and he was there in the audience watching. It's a shame The Beatles never did that with Pete in some way.