Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Adele  (Read 1375 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Adele
« on: November 02, 2015, 05:15:36 pm »

Jeeze. I hate being "that guy"...but Adele now holds the record for most downloads in one week. 1 million in 7 days.  Now, I know everything artistic is subjective(or is it objective?)...but ....Hello just isn't that good a song. I know, I know...who am I to say what is good. It's just my opinion of course. I don't even care about the song to tell you the truth. But I do care about how people are running to buy it. They just "have to have it".

I suppose it's no different to when I ran out and bought Hey Jude. Or is it? I don't know. Maybe I'm just influenced by my total disdain for people who camp out in front of the Apple Store to get the "latest and greatest". They just have to. Hey....if you respond to this thread, don't forget to say "FIRST"!  ;D

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Adele
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:35:49 pm »

FIRST! I think this Adele single is being helped along by that fact that this is her first in quite some time.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 09:01:34 pm »

True enough. But did you buy Free as a Bird as a single? I mean, I love the Beatles...but that song ain't so good that I need to buy it.

I have no idea what I'm trying to say. Probably something like...GET OFF MY LAWN!  ;)

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 11:58:37 pm »

Yeah - I agree - I thought it was a rather unoriginal melody and could be any of a number of songs.

'Rolling in the Deep' though - now there's a good song - that's a classic!

Greg

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:08:44 pm »

What a great voice.

What a mediocre song at best.  ...to me.