letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: 25 Most Underrate Albums  (Read 1362 times)

2 of 3

• Email
25 Most Underrate Albums
« on: November 13, 2015, 11:01:24 am »

I found this list and I am sad to say I don't know half of them. Time to start.  :P

http://diffuser.fm/the-25-most-underrated-albums-of-the-past-25-years-2/#photogallery-1=1

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: 25 Most Underrate Albums
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 03:54:26 pm »

I knew a good many of them and, while I don't claim to be an up-to-date listener, I thought most of these got as much attention as they deserved....
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:13:16 pm »

I hasten to say, that list smacks of hipster tendencies ('oh look how cool I am?') rather than focusing on truly great music. The only one that deserves to be there is Elliott Smith's 'Figure 8' - a timeless modern classic and I feel it's his best album. Us Beatle fans should make a mission of acquainting ourselves with that album as it has Abbey Road signatures all over it (In fact, I think he recorded the album at Abbey Road??).

Any albums there that leap out of the bunch there for you guys? I always liked Beck's 'Midnite Vultures' - it's not great all the way through but half of it is off-the-wall brilliant. I far prefer Beck when he is being funky and groovy/silly, rather than trying to sound like a long lost Lobo or David Gates album. 

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 10:49:01 pm »

I guess we'd all have a different 25 list than that guy. It's good to see those lists since it introduces you to stuff you may not have heard before. There are inclusions on his list that made me think..hang on...that was UNDERrated? Some of them were pretty big(Coldplay, Radiohead etc). The scary part is if everyone came up with a 25 list, I might still not know half of them. Man, talk about being out of the loop.  ???

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 03:24:23 am »

Well, there's lots of music out there. I always try and make an effort to hear artists I haven't heard before, rather than hear more-of-the-same from the established acts. My current fave is Meg Myers. She is being billed as the new Alanis Morissette and her debut album 'Sorry' is every bit as good as Jagged Little Pill, I gotta say. Not a weak track on it.

So for sure, 'Sorry' by Meg Myers would be in my 25 underrated albums.. :)