letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Love (and other 4 letter words)  (Read 332 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
Love (and other 4 letter words)
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »

A FB friend of mine posted a short statement the other day in the wake of the Paris and San Bernadino attacks. He said," I think we have lost the ability to love each other". It hit home with me and I thought about it that whole day. When I returned home, I flipped the script on him a little and said that I thought what we've lost a sense of collective destiny, that we all are born, live and die on the same little rock hanging in space. Every thing we do is here, with our fellow Earthlings, on this planet. That fact should be uniting us.....
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

kylenz

• Email
Re: Love (and other 4 letter words)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 02:21:10 AM »

I blame it on dumbphones. The very thing that should be connecting us more than ever, ultimately isolates the individual - psychologically, emotionally, and physically.   :-\

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:38:27 AM »

That's a good point about the phones. I was watching a video of Coldplay at the BBC from the other night....the MC introduced the band and I thought...why is nobody clapping? They panned back and 101% of the people in the crowd were holding up their phones. I was thinking, doesn't anyone want to enjoy the moment..now? I've noticed that a lot in another concert video. Nobody listening. It's like the only reason anybody is there is to say they were  there. I guess that explains EDM.  :o :D

Merv...I'll assume that you have heard the comment before, that the earth needs an alien invasion to bring us all together. I have a feeling even that wouldn't work today. I have no idea why the world is so unaccepting of others ideas. Don't get me wrong, I'm as bad as the next guy when it comes to making fun of something I don't really understand. But I don't hate. The vitriol you see and hear in regards to politics or religion is just scary. We can all learn from each other. Everyday. How some people can actually believe they know everything...without a doubt...is beyond me. Am I going to Heaven or Hell? I don't know. I'll text you when I get there.  :P

Greg

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 09:07:03 PM »

Great great post.  I have always thought that in 500 years or so it will be easy to see just what the overall trend(s) is/are in history  that has led us to this current situation.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:29:39 AM »

I'm sticking this here because it fits Greg's original idea. Mandy is so passionate. Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMW0y2QiLZg

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:53 PM »

Love that guy! So glad he finally found that six-fingered man...
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?