letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Donald  (Read 8995 times)

Keri

• Music from under my skin
Re: The Donald
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 03:47:42 am »

I can barely watch him, to me the man is a loose canon, he lacks empathy and he just says some absolutely stupid things that should not be said by someone intending to lead the most powerful nation in the world.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »

I totally understand the appeal. He's saying all the things people want to hear(and then some). I'm not sure what he thinks he can do, though. If he wants to bring back manufacturing(along with the low paying jobs) then that will only work for a while. Let's face it..most of those jobs are going to be done by robot workers sooner than later. Getting rid of Free Trade is like getting rid of Capitalism isn't it? I mean, the money flows where it wants/needs to flow. I get that things need to change. The banks have too much power/influence. The best outcome may be that the US has 3 party politics from now on.  A Left, Right and Middle would be a good thing. Enough with the back and forth of the same old same old.

And no, I'm not American...but what happens in the US matters to the rest of the world.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 12:19:02 am »

He's not saying he doesn't believe in free trade though - he's saying that the US should do deals with different countries INDIVIDUALLY - nothing wrong with that. That's how it works in the business world, and he's saying that the US have been let down by a succession of bad deals (NAFTA for instance) and he wants to reverse that.

Agree about the point on manufacturing/robotics etc, but he's saying that he wants to bring say Apple's factories back from China and make iPhones on American soil. Again - that's the way it should be. He says he is disappointed how US politicians over the years have sold out all their businesses to China.. surrendered all their power to them. He also said that he gives praise to the Chinese for doing that and being smart to do so - that's business after all - but America have made some really bad deals to the entire nation's detriment.

Can't really argue with any of that.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 05:50:09 pm »

I can't imagine Apple ever coming back to the US. It's a public company. There's no way the shareholders will accept anything other than more profits.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »

I think we're going to find out what it's like to have Trump in the White House.  Dude is going to win this election.

Greg

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »

I think we're going to find out what it's like to have Trump in the White House.  Dude is going to win this election.

Wow.  Youre serious arent you. (I value/trust your opinion 2)  That would be incredible if America elected him.  I have believed for 30+ years that we are an empire in decline.  I think its a natural thing for empires to decline, and theres nothing wrong with an empire declining.  Its a sign that the times are changing for that empire.  Anyway, if he is elected that would be a sure sign that the decline is in full force. 

Trumps election, to me would mean that people are grasping at anything and thinking that America can be what it was; it cant.
A Clinton election, to me, would mean that the status quo remains and the corporate-government alliance is in full force.

Either way, I think the big pic is that America is changing yet is not adapting well to those changes in terms of benefiting people.  (See African-American males and the middle class of any background in this country.)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »

Trumps election, to me would mean that people are grasping at anything and thinking that America can be what it was; it cant.
A Clinton election, to me, would mean that the status quo remains and the corporate-government alliance is in full force.

I see a lot of concern on message boards about the Feds having too much power. I also see people saying that each state should have it's own power to decide anything. If you don't like what that state does....move. I'm not sure the whole thing works, but...what are the Feds for if you give each state all it's own powers?

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 07:01:09 pm »

Ask the CSA.......oh, wait. That failed.  ;)
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 02:33:47 am »

I'm finding it pretty funny while watching interviews of Trump supporters. Almost every one of them points out that they want "a change" and that Trump is a self-made Billionaire...that he knows how to run a business. It's like they honestly believe that Trump made all his money with Fairy Dust and hard work and didn't make it using the same system they are so desperate for "change".

But unlike other billionaires, Trump actually got his hands dirty on the building sites and talks to every worker on the job. His father encouraged him to do this at an early age. And he passed the same trait onto his children. There came a point where he was given the choice to go to college or to follow his dream and totally redesign and uplift the New York Skyline which was in the doledrums and the crime capital of the country at that time. And he changed it. There was some skating rink in Central Park (?) that had been in development and unfinished for like 6 (?) years, but Trump took over the project and completed it in 2 months. He made a rapid transformation to the city in a short span of time. That's why he became a billionaire.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 05:53:37 am »

I've worked in the construction/development industry my whole life. I know how these guys work. 99 % of guys like Trump are a POS. Are they out to get things done and make money? Sure of course. But when things don't work in their favour, they don't loose out...the little guy does. Ooops sorry...ran out of money.  Sue me.

I don't get the love for Trump. I get that people want change...totally get that. But this guy? Jeepers.  :o

ps... I should also not type stuff on the internet at 5:30 am. I don't know anything. I'm like a fart in an elevator. Wrong on so many levels.  :P :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:00:02 pm by 2 of 3 »

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »

;D  There are a series of these. Kind of Politically incorrect I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEa1jhWjss

Greg

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 08:15:32 am »

;D  There are a series of these. Kind of Politically incorrect I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEa1jhWjss
Just looked at this just now.  That was freakin funny. 

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 09:53:08 pm »

You would think that after the whole Sarah Palin debacle, the republican party would have done anything to have a credible person representing the party. It's weird. It's like nobody wants the job. You look at the Royal Family and see that William and Harry would rather be just normal people and don't really want the job. They were born into and have little choice in the matter. Wanting to be POTUS?...that's a whole different kind of human being. It's really odd watching this election. I don't even live in the US and I feel bad for the American public. These are your choices? Jeeze Louise.  :o

Hey, at least my Prime Minister is pretty. ;)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 10:21:47 pm »

I wonder how fast The Donald will put up a great big neon TRUMP sign on the White House? :o

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 03:41:28 am »

I normally stay out of this type of discussion.....and I will only say this: America, I don't recognize you anymore. Maybe it's the hair....it doesn't suit you.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
Pages: 1 [2] 3