letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Lennon: Lost Weekend  (Read 1734 times)

Greg

Lennon: Lost Weekend
« on: December 31, 2015, 11:28:25 am »

I never liked that term...even though he's the one who started it. Ha!

That was 18 months or something wasn't it?  Collaborated on two #1 hits with other artists, had a #1 album and song.  Produced the the Harry album.  Saw Julian more than ever.  I think the Troubadour incident and other events are played up too much.  Had great moments with Paul. 

Idk.  I don't look at this as lost.

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Lennon: Lost Weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:53:39 pm »

Neither do I, Greg.....it looks like the last time he was truly collaborative with anyone besides Yoko.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »

it looks like the last time he was truly collaborative with anyone besides Yoko.

Yup....that's what WE lost.  :-\

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 03:10:25 am »

I've ordered May Pang's book. Actually i think most of the recording of Mind Games was in this period plus Walls and Bridges and Rock n Roll, the collaboration with Bowie also happened in this period.

He was active and accessible during this period, also saw the UFO, strange story.

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 03:23:08 am »

The May Pang book has arrived and I'm reading it now. Has anyone else read it? It's pretty intense, for the most part it feels pretty authentic and is a real glimpse into the world of John Lennon. A strange place, I really love the guy but he can be exasperating and Yoko is crazy as, nothing we didn't know. It's quite a big book and has a lot of detail I certainly recommend it. Phil Spector again unsurprisingly is crazy in a not that endearing way.