letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Anyone watch Orange Is The New Black?  (Read 2213 times)

Greg

Anyone watch Orange Is The New Black?
« on: August 14, 2015, 07:01:58 pm »

I rate this show as great.  Not good...not really good...it's great.

It's graphic but not gratuitous.
(I couldn't comment on Top Gear because I've never seen it.)

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Anyone watch Orange Is The New Black?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:31:16 pm »

I haven't watched it yet, but I'll probably do a catch up. As soon as I finish Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey and Orphan Black and and and and... ;)

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 01:44:09 am »

I don't watch any of those shows. I don't watch any drama at all these days. The way they pump them out 'season-by-season', I'd rather watch real life stuff or a decent British comedy (not Big Bang Theory/ Two and a Half Men sort of crap). I used to like music reality shows but now even American Idol and The Voice is boring me. Everything is churned out like a factory production, there's generally no zing or vibrancy in tv anymore.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 09:12:58 am »

When you say "real stuff", what sort of stuff do you mean? I might find a great show!
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:11:08 am »

The reason I watched it was that one day, a couple years ago, I decided that I was going to watch a tv show.  I used to love tv shows but hadn't seen one since M*A*S*H ended in the early 80s.  Somehow I picked Orange, and it was such a cool feeling to be watching a tv show again.  It brought that old feeling back of identifying with the characters, etc.

If anyone has recommendations for tv shows let me know.  I currently watch nothing.  I'm waiting for the Packers' season to start.
We have cable because my wife likes Dr Phil, Ellen and some others.  I've seen episodes of the Bachelor with her.  It was awesome. In fact every time I've seen an episode of reality tv with her it has been fantastic. Why do these people do these things?  Who exposes themselves to a national audience to do these things?  It is such a sign of the times.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 06:13:36 am »

When you say "real stuff", what sort of stuff do you mean? I might find a great show!
Documentaries whenever possible. I watched one the other night on the local hospital in my town and it blew me away the stresses they are under and the life/death decisions they have to make. I never realised there was so much pressure on obtaining beds for patients and basically one doctor does the vast majority of all the surgical and consulting work.

I like reality shows too - though of course the level of 'reality' is truly in inverted commas. I like Survivor, The Amazing Race, Hells Kitchen, Masterchef etc.

But if there's a doco on, and no matter what the subject is, I'm always keen to check it out.