letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Did The Beatles Change Your Life?  (Read 1524 times)

Greg

Did The Beatles Change Your Life?
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:07:23 am »

They didn't change mine.  They just added more joy.  Much more.  I guess that's changing it in a way.

Joe Strummer probably changed my life more than the fabs because they were the band who were relevant when I was young.

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Did The Beatles Change Your Life?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 01:07:18 pm »

This is a really good question that I cannot answer. My first reaction is to say no...but I have no idea if that is true. I picked up a guitar because of the Beatles...but I still can't play it. I guess that says more about me than anything else, but what is that? Now I'm really curious as to what makes me, me and what directed me to the here and now.  ???

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 05:33:25 pm »

I'd have to say yes they did....before The Beatles came into my musical life, my favorite band was......KC & the Sunshine Band. I'm not kidding. They were rhythmically interesting and, for me then, that was enough. My sister got The Beatles "Love Songs" and I was interested. About six months later, we moved into a neighborhood and I made friends with a guy whose older sisters liked The Beatles. They had everything and I was hooked.

Ever since that time, the Lads have been a companion to me when I was alone, a driving buddy in the car, and a litmus test for prospective friends. If someone doesn't like them, I can live with that, not a deal-breaker, but I wonder about them and why they could NOT like The Beatles. Besides, if someone hung around me in high school, they were going to have to at least tolerate their music. Even now, I find that conversations at work sometimes steer toward music, and if I'm discussing music......well, you get the point.

LC wasn't a Beatles fan when we met....luckily for me, she saw the light. :-)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:01:09 pm by Mervap »
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:45:15 pm »

KC & the Sunshine Band. I'm not kidding.

I hope not. I sort of dismissed them at the time, but when I listen now I see/hear what I missed. You were a man ahead of your time Merv!  :)

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:34 pm »

You were a man ahead of your time Merv!

I was a man ahead of my time when I was but a boy! :-)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:01:55 pm by Mervap »
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 03:37:28 am »

The Beatles were a major cultural phenomenon. They changed the culture, I love a lot of popular music so much of it has an aliment of Beatles in it, in both sound and attitude.

So I think they did change my life. It's a tough question because we don't have an alternative world where the Beatles never existed to compare it with.

I listen to the Beatles too. Time spent listening to Beatles could be doing other things. They are a source of fascination and joy for me, how can that not be a change to my life. Our life is what we live on the inside too, the Beatles certainly got under my skin in a way I feel I know them, they are all my friends.