letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 1399 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Star Trek
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:22:02 am »

I guess we could get into a discussion of how the new movies don't follow the official canon of Trek. Or we could talk about the new series coming out soon. Or we could talk about what's your favourite series. But....this is pretty cool for us fans.  :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/spock-stamp-vulcan-1.3528920

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »

LOVE Star Trek....Original Series, Next Gen and Enterprise are my favorites. Now a big fan of the re-boot, but what are you going to do?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 05:54:57 pm »

It's kind of odd that I like all things Star Trek but I don't like all things Star Wars. I still haven't seen the last one , so maybe it will bring me back on board.  8)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 05:24:06 pm »

Star Trek (TV Show)

Birth Movies Death reports that the new series will be set in the original continuity of the series, rather than the rebooted JJ Abrams movie universe. And it’ll be well as set before the events of The Next Generation and after Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. The site also claims that the series does not involve a new incarnation of the USS Enterprirse, and that despite being set after the Federation-Klingon peace treaty of the Khitomer Accords, the show would feature a group of villainous Klingons.

Interestingly BMD also notes that the series will be a “seasonal anthology”, meaning that the show could jump to different time periods and casts every season.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-might-already-know-when-the-new-star-trek-tv-show-is-1770884195

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 10:24:42 pm »

It was announced that the new Star Trek series will be filmed in Toronto. That's cool. Probably at Pinewood Studio's which is a nice new big facility.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 12:39:07 am »