letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Signs You Are A Beatle Fanatic  (Read 2132 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Signs You Are A Beatle Fanatic
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »

You remember the Lads Birthdays...even Pete Best. Your wife and kids?....not so much.

Friends call you crazy when you insist there were 8 days in a week back in the 60's.

Klaatu? Totally them.

50 years later, you are still coming up with topics.  ;)

Keep it going folks.  :)

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Signs You Are A Beatle Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »

You totally think of music in terms of "BB" and "AB"...(before Beatles & after Beatles)

Your friend asks you if there is any topic that doesn't have a Beatles connection.

You say things like, "Man, that was a great dinner.....I mean, really good. Like, Revolver good..."
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 04:15:39 pm »

When you meet someone for the first time and they say they like The Beatles...you immediately hope to high hopes that they don't just "like" The Beatles.

You hope that they have an almost mentally-unhealthy passion for them.  That you'll be able to talk about the differences between the different tours and venues, their childhood days, Alistair Taylor, the demo of Everybody Had a Hard Year, etc.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:03 pm »

You've actually seen the whole Washington DC concert.  ??? :P ;)

Greg

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 05:16:54 pm »

I just know a little about some of the concerts.  I have a book called The Beatles In Cleveland that goes into details about those stops but otherwise just picked up stuff from Larry Kane's book or the one about The Johnny Gentle tour or wiki articles, blogs, etc.  I'm not a tour expert or even close.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:14:33 pm »

Speaking about the tours, there's an interesting book by Barry Tashian, the leader of The Remains, about the Lads' last tour. It collects a number of press clippings alongside his own experiences inside the fishbowl. Bought it at a Beatlefest and got it signed....he couldn't have been a nicer dude. Also, I'd recommend checking out The Remains album called "A Session With The Remains"....it rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtw8BwiGbAY
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:16:08 pm by Mervap »
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?