letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Your Top 3 Favourite Movies  (Read 1775 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Your Top 3 Favourite Movies
« on: May 18, 2016, 06:03:53 pm »

I'll admit, I thought of this thread before I even thought what my Top 3 would be. Hmmm?

Ok..in no particular order:

Raiders of the lost Ark

Local Hero

Annie Hall

Too funny. I just realized that it took me so long to think of 3 movies, that I may not even have a favourite movie. Ha!  ;D

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Your Top 3 Favourite Movies
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 06:57:44 pm »

My list goes like this:

1) Raiders of the Lost Ark- Saw this one 21 times the summer it came out.....many times since.

2) Empire Strikes Back- Hands down, my favorite Star Wars movie.

3) Monty Python & the Holy Grail- Hard to put a comedy on the list because comedy relies upon freshness, but this one is too good to leave off.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:22:10 am »

Probably:
*Dumb and Dumber
*The Fifth Element

Greg

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:04:50 am »

Well I know that I'll have to check out The Fifth Element and Local Hero.  I'll be watching both of those within the month esp when school ends.
Never heard of either.

1.  Do The Right Thing
2.  Spanish Prisoner
3.  A tie of several Dustin Hoffman movies (Kramer, Rainman, Tootsie, Graduate...)

You can watch Spanish Prisoner online for free at putlocker.  I have watched it twice this month there with people who never saw it.  btw It's a movie that has nothing to do with Spain, Spanish, prisons, or prisoners. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:09:07 am by Greg »

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 02:47:32 am »

Well I know that I'll have to check out The Fifth Element and Local Hero.   

Fifth Element was one of those movies that I went to see like 5 times at the cinema when it came out. It's one of those films that has the most quotable lines where you end up knowing just about every line off by heart. The characters are so funny, you end up cheering on the evil bad guys like Zorg (played by the wonderful Gary Oldman).

It's also one of the most stylish movies ever, as far as art direction and set design goes. It certainly has the French influence of Luc Besson when it comes to this. 

Great chemistry too between Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich. Great story - the perfect balance of everything in film making - the perfect sci-fi film.