letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Winning  (Read 1662 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Winning
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »

I don't understand "Sport" anymore. When did winning become everything? I was just reading about the doping scandal. A whole load of Olympic athletes are going to have to give back their medals. You watch other sports and people cheat all the time and think it's ok...cuz everyone does it. In football(soccer) plays go down like they were shot. In Hockey..players dive all the time. Basketball if full of fake fouls. Steroids in baseball.  Battery powered electric hubs in cycling. I mean really? It it just me that thinks if you win by cheating...you didn't really win? Can you really be happy winning if you cheated? So weird.  ???

Sports has jumped the shark. 

Greg

Re: Winning
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:53:39 pm »

Sports has jumped the shark. 

This.  Yep. 

It truly reflects society.  What a mess.  It's even in youth sports.  That Chicago Little League team a few years ago.  The Baylor scandal today and the Penn State thing about ignoring the molestation of kids just to not make waves in the football program.  Cheating is commonplace and the consequences are usually minimal.

Financially it would be worth it for a .260 hitter in baseball to take steroids, bat .310 with more power, sign a huge contract, ... and if he gets caught the huge contract money is still there even after the suspension.