letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 1963 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
The Walking Dead
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »

Firstly, I must say that I am not a fan of the horror genre. I find them boring and predictable and will avoid seeing horror movies if I can. Having said that, I have really gotten into this show, "The Walking Dead". It's filmed quite near to my home and it's fun to go see the places they've been....heck, I've been seeing them for years, eh?
What's hooked me is that the zombies in the show are almost entirely incidental...all they do is create a tension and a motivation for the characters. The real story is a question I'd asked myself a few times: what would ordinary people do in the event of a huge catastrophe? Because of what's happened in the show, electrical power is gone and cell phones are useless. Finding food, gas and bullets have become very important....and people's relationships change dramatically. Some folks have become cold and calculating....others are fighting to retain their humanity in the face of what might be the end for humankind. It's hard to say what one would do, eh?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?