letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Threetles  (Read 1386 times)

2 of 3

• Email
The Threetles
« on: June 18, 2016, 10:59:39 am »

I was just thinking the other day that it would have been cool if the 3 of them could have agreed to do at least one Beatle tune. I guess Paul suggesting doing Let it Be really put off George(can't say I disagree).
But...what song do you think would have possibly worked?

I was thinking All Things Must Pass since it was around during the Beatle days(and maybe George could have been convinced). The other would be Things We Said Today.

What do you folks think?

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: The Threetles
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:10:53 am »

Just reading about the kind of tension there was between Paul & George during the Threetles sessions and how George seemed to be on guard all the time with him, I doubt it. We're pretty lucky we got anything at all.

If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:39:25 pm »

Yeah George seemed to be not very laid back and enjoying them all being together.  I mean...come on George.  But whatever.
His attitude towards Paul seemed like a holdover from the old days.

All Things Must Pass would have been very very cool.

Greg

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 06:54:46 pm »

I didnt know Paul suggested Let It Be.  Wow.  I prob think that is a worse idea than George did. 

Like I said, All Things is a great idea.  I know Paul would have not even acknowledged the selection.

They should have done a John song.  I would have loved to have heard a newer version of Across The Universe with Paul and George trading vocals or harmonizing.  And it would have been cool if they had ignored the original and just played it in a new way.

Mind Games remake or #9 Dream I would have loved. (Is that stupid?)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:57:13 pm by Greg »

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »

Yeah, they could have probably agreed on a favorite JL solo tune. Personally, I think "All Things Must Pass" would have been a great and appropriate selection.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?