letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: J Douglass Int  (Read 1751 times)

Greg

J Douglass Int
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:35 pm »

So there was this four or five year period where John was basically off the radar. How did he approach you about wanting to record again?

JACK DOUGLAS: Listen, the way he approached the whole thing was so strange. I got a phone call one day and it was so mysterious. [He said] if I’m interested in doing something extra special, show up at 30th Street. There was a pier where sea planes used to land and I showed up and met a sea plane at noon. Now, how could you resist that? [I had] no idea what it was for.
So I went there, and a sea plane landed, and I got in it, and we flew over to Cold Spring Harbor and pulled up to this mansion, the boat pulled right up to the beach. [Yoko's ex-husband Ichiyanagi] Toshi came out and said, “Come this way, Yoko is waiting for you.” And I said, “Yoko?” I walked up there, Yoko was there, “Oh Jack, it’s so great to see you. What I tell you right now, you can’t ever tell anyone.” “Okay. Fine. My lips are sealed. What is it?” “John wants to do a record, he wants you to produce it. But you can’t tell anyone about it, he’s in Bermuda right now. He’s going to call and talk to you in a few minutes.”

He loved them as much as everyone loved them. Did he ever discuss why they never reunited, or why they had those near-misses?

JACK DOUGLAS: Well you know he and Paul were already in the process. This Ringo album I think was going to be big.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:25:36 pm by Greg »

2 of 3

• Email
Re: J Douglass Int
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:05:09 pm »

Well you know he and Paul were already in the process. This Ringo album I think was going to be big.

Huh? What?  ??? :P

kylenz

• Email
Re: J Douglass Int
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:59:02 am »

Well you know he and Paul were already in the process. This Ringo album I think was going to be big.

Huh? What?  ??? :P

Probably referring to 'Stop and Smell the Roses'? George was involved in that album too.