letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul's Voice  (Read 4319 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Paul's Voice
« on: July 16, 2016, 10:55:31 am »

Do you folks think that maybe Paul should try to sing differently? Is that even possible? He seems to sing like he's still 21. I was wondering if he were to take vocal lessons if he could learn to sing from "a different place". That might mean he can't do 2.5 hr shows anymore...but the quality might improve. What do you folks think? I don't know if he uses a voice coach or anything like that, but you'd think if Sinatra used one, why wouldn't Paul give it a go?

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Paul's Voice
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:37:33 pm »

Pail has always seemed to, in interviews, be afraid of "spooking the horse", that is forgoing any organized training for fear of losing what makes his stuff work. I think he should consider it, at least.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:37:09 pm »

Great question.  I wish I had a great answer.

As long as he's happy doing what he's doing I am for it.

If he would listen to me though I would tell him that he is in his mid 70s and should not go around like this is 1976.  I dont think he sounds good doing what hes doing.  Beatles and Wings songs?  Its over for the most part.  I wish he would sing within his limits now, make an album singing what sounds good for him at this point and tour with it.  You want to hear an old Beatles tune?  Put on a record.  This is Paul doing stuff that hes writing these days.

On the other hand I would would tell him that hes in his mid 70s and hes f***in' Paul McCartney and he has earned the right to do whatever he wants on a stage.

Should he try a voice coach?  Yeah...probably. He took piano lessons in '63.  It probably helped.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:39:50 pm by Greg »

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:08 pm »

This is great. It a bunch of clips tied together showing Paul's vocal range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6pSeKfnDIU

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 08:22:17 am »

Greg

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 10:38:24 am »

I dont even know what to say. 

Was this an off night?
Did he feel he had to go through with it while having a sore throat or something?
Does he realize how bad this is?
I suppose over the course of many songs and many gigs some will go bad; this one went bad.

Idk.  Its Paul. 

(And again...just to clarify...this is proof that I was not consulted on the set list once again.)

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 10:53:21 am »

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 01:24:41 pm »

Oh my, he needs to cut back on the touring, shorter sets and less shows. Hopefully that was particularly bad night.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 06:39:21 pm »

I mentioned to Merv earlier, that when I saw him in 1990, it was even worse than that. Nothing but raspy air came out. So, I'm sure he was just having a bad night. One of the commenters said he's been fighting something. I would agree with you folks, though...too many shows and too long a show for a guy 74 years old.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 01:24:32 am »

Awww man, that was not a good thing to see.

Along with his Twitter pic posing with the Hellbeast.. "I'm With Her".. 2016 is turning out to be a multitude of disappointments..

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 09:18:33 am »

What? He's back with Heather?????

Keri

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 03:40:19 am »

I'm not impressed with his voice, but I'm glad he's supporting Hillary.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 12:15:40 am »

I'm not impressed with his voice, but I'm glad he's supporting Hillary.

Read 'The Clintons' War on Women' by Roger Stone and be prepared to reconsider that perspective. They not only need to be put in prison, all of their globalist ilk need to be destroyed - including the mainstream media that are now brazenly making up lies to save their own hides. If you thought the Soviet Union propaganda was bad, the modern mainstream media is pure evil.

In fact I think it's all about to come crashing down. They will bring about a nuclear war with Russia if necessary - they won't go quietly and I feel things are about to get really nasty.

Keri

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 02:14:53 am »

Read 'The Clintons' War on Women' by Roger Stone and be prepared to reconsider that perspective. They not only need to be put in prison, all of their globalist ilk need to be destroyed - including the mainstream media that are now brazenly making up lies to save their own hides. If you thought the Soviet Union propaganda was bad, the modern mainstream media is pure evil.

In fact I think it's all about to come crashing down. They will bring about a nuclear war with Russia if necessary - they won't go quietly and I feel things are about to get really nasty.

it's not so much that I think Hillary is great, and i agree that propaganda is an integral part of our society. But I don't see Hillary as being worse than Reagan, her husband, the Bushes and Obama. But I have watched Trump and I have never seen him talk coherently about Policy, he is a climate change denier, has no problems with using torture and during a presidential debate he threatened to put his opponent in jail. He is a narcissist he makes everything up as he goes along, it might be OK if I felt he would defer to more knowledgeable advisors but I don't see him doing that. Trump would be a disaster for the US and the world, Hillary would be business as usual.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 02:38:43 am »

Ahem......I'd like to hear how Paul would sound singing "Mary Had A Little Lamb".
Pages: [1] 2