letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Is It Weird That.....  (Read 1394 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Is It Weird That.....
« on: July 21, 2016, 06:08:49 pm »

...only Paul worked with George Martin as a solo artist?

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Is It Weird That.....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 06:19:33 pm »

I don't think it's too strange....after all, Paulie was the teacher's pet. GM admitted later that he hadn't given Harrison much attention until much later in the Beatles' career....pretty sure he resented GM for that. JL was openly derisive of GM's work on at least his own tunes, saying he wished he could re-record them all at one point. And perhaps GM's hiring of Andy White hurt far deeper than we know?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 10:42:55 pm »

Wow.  I aint sure.

Kind of.  Youd think George would have eventually worked with him but maybe was turned off because he didnt want to follow Pauls lead in getting back together with GM.

Ringo:  Maybe he didnt want to go back to that well one more time esp without the others.

On the other hand it could be said that it was surprising that any of them got back with GM because it would be looked at under the Beatle/GM lens.

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:29:06 am »

Yes Paul was closest to GM, they had the closest musical affinity. I think there was still a bit of an age gap between him and the Beatles he wasn't friendly with them but he wasn't one of their mates.

As has been pointed out he didn't appreciate George Harrison until late and even then I don't think they had the kind of musical connection that Paul had.

John was I think deliberately trying to make non Beatle music.

Ringo, he seemed to still care that he hadn't been on Love Me Do, it was a bad start. Also the main collaboration that Ringo needed was with song writers.