letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Fab Podcasts?  (Read 1632 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Fab Podcasts?
« on: September 01, 2016, 08:17:17 pm »

Do any of you folks listen to podcasts? It seems like that's all I listen to these days. Do  you have any good ones to share?

Thanks to Merv for Something about the Beatles. It's a goody. :)

I'm also enjoying Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History and Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin.  Also, WTF with Marc Maron.

Got any more for me?

Greg

Re: Fab Podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:03:05 pm »

I am so glad you posted this.  If anyone knows of more please post them.  Im always looking.  I listen to hours of podcasts every week.

Ask The Naked Scientists:  People just call in and ask all kinds of questions about science.  Absolutely fascinating.

Naked Astronomy from the Naked Scientists: Same thing.  People call in with questions about space and get answers.

Real Time with Bill Maher  An HBO podcast from a comedian who has a panel of guests. This is a liberal podcast.

Leonard Lopate Show:  This guy interviews all kinds of people talking about all kinds of things.  He might have someone who wrote a book all about coffee or a politician or an author or musician.  Its really a great podcast.

Richard Pogge Astronomy: This professor put about 40 of his lectures for two introductory astronomy classes on itunes.  They are very very interesting. 

TED Radio Hour: A range of topics discussed and presented in a very interesting fashion.

New Books In History:  The author of a book is interviewed.

New Books in Popular Culture:  " "

Fab Four Free For All:  Its not too bad.  They discuss some good topics and have interviewed Pete Best.

The Ethicist: People write in a dilemma they have, and the Ethicist tells them what is the ethical thing to do.  Really interesting whether you agree with the Ethicist or not.

The John Lennon Hour:  Some of the episodes I like.

Science Magazine Podcast: What youd expect.  A wide range of topics talked about.

TV You Grew Up With:  Talks about TV shows from the past.

Freakonomics Radio:  Discusses everything.  Kind of the hidden side of everything.

I know tons of sports ones.  Many GB Packer ones.  Outside The Lines has great stories that are not about winning and losing but are about sports topics.
There are some good ones that talk about Orange Is The New Black if you have watched it on Netflix.

McCartney was on a podcast called The Nerdist.  Its an unusual interview and I liked it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:49:58 pm by Greg »

Greg

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »

And.  Its funny 2 but I listen to all four you mentioned.  Not all of the episodes, but every podcast you mentioned I like a lot.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »

Oh cool...thanks for those..I'll check them out. :)

Couple of others that I like...both CBC podcasts...one called Under the Influence which is about advertising. It's great and the guy who hosts it is a huge Beatle fan...he uses a song on almost every episode.  http://www.cbc.ca/radio/undertheinfluence

The other is science based and is really good too called Quirks and Quarks .   http://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks

Greg

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 10:14:24 pm »

Just subscribed to them both.  Thanks.  Ill let you know what I think.

I hope the Quirks guy continues in the Fall.

Also...the Influence guy is new eh?  Hope he continues too.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 11:19:54 pm »

Oh yeah, quirks has been on for as long as I remember. New episodes should be on soon.  Same for the other show. :)

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 05:12:11 pm »