Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: BNL  (Read 1429 times)

Greg

BNL
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:00:36 pm »

BNL.  2of3, Im interested in your perspective on this group because of where you live.  I mean, these are your people.  ;)   ;D

I just loved their first two records but then was disinterested in them pretty much after that.  But I think theyre a great band with all members present.

(Im not just interested in 2s opinion btw.  Anyone else like this band?)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:52:07 pm by Greg »

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: BNL
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »

My take on them was this: catchy tunes for a while, but perhaps a bit to 'cute'...
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 07:48:01 pm »

Yeah.  Perhaps got quite campy at times.  So much potential in that band though. 

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 10:30:18 pm »

It's funny. In my younger days my friends and I were really into these guys. Why? Because they were just a tiny band that nobody heard of. They had out a cassette with maybe 6 songs on it and we all enjoyed all the quirky songs. Then one day there was a news story here where they had been banned from playing a gig in Toronto because of their name. Some council member in Toronto thought the name might attract the wrong crowd. That of course totally played in their favour and now everybody knew who they were. The truth is...after a few albums they sort of ran out of steam here. But..for some reason the got big in the US of A at the same time...so off they went...and they never looked back. I can't honestly say I know much of their material past the first few albums.

They had some good songs though. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkg8pkCPDLo