letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: George Martin and the Family Feud  (Read 1636 times)

Greg

Re: George Martin and the Family Feud
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 11:57:38 am »

Very sad for everyone involved.  I dont even know what to say. 

Its weird to think that the affair he had was one key component to him being involved with the Beatles.  Without the affair he might have easily not produced them.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:56:03 pm »

Take your 68,000 pounds and have a Coke and a smile.....families break up every day. That may sound harsh, but this is a money grab....
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »

True...but... 
Sir George Martin, an English record producer, has an estimated net worth of $410 million.

I mean..... I guess just as a parent/child thing....I wonder if the first kids feel more rejected than pissed off about the amount.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 02:41:51 pm »

This kind of thing hits me a little close to home. When my Dad left us, he became a dad to his step-kids.....more of a dad to them than he was to us. I felt rejected and angry about that. After a few years, I talked to my Mom about it, and she told me something that stuck with me. She told me it was normal to be angry about it, but that the anger only hurt me. She was always careful to not say bad things about him, at least around us, and that paved the way for when he eventually moved back into my life. He was never the Dad I wanted, but I was able to heal the anger and had a good relationship with him for the rest of his life.

It looks like there was never any healing or forgiveness there....and now, not only will it never happen, it's gone public. Everybody loses.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 04:18:33 pm »

Yeah, that's why I questioned the rejection part of the story. I mean, if it's true he was worth 400 million, my first thought as a parent would be to at least make sure my kids never had to worry about money(and grandkids too) I'm sure most of the money is tied up in real estate anyway, but some sort of provision that made sure they were ok financially makes sense in my pea brain. Of course, again it's the Daily Mail. The whole thing could just be nonsense since the will hasn't even been released yet.