letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Lennon-McCartney  (Read 1646 times)

Greg

Lennon-McCartney
« on: September 14, 2016, 04:57:39 pm »

They decided to go with a joint ownership on their songs.  I wonder if things would have been different and how they would have been different if theyd just gone with their own name when they wrote a song. 

The dynamic of the group songwriting and the songs would have changed some.  A lot?  A little?

I mean...John wouldnt have gotten much money off the US Revolver as George or Paul.  Would that have played a part in the group in any way?

I think that one decision back in '62 or whatever was an immensely positive thing. 

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Lennon-McCartney
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 05:17:10 pm »

You do have to wonder what kind of infighting that would cause. Paul's writing all the hits. Yikes!

Greg

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »

And when one would ask for some help on a song.

John would have missed out on all that 'Yesterday" cover money.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 05:59:12 pm »

On the flip side of that though....if they had given George a writing credit for all the input he had on their songs, things would have been happier I'm sure. I wonder if that is why bands like U2 and Coldplay always have everyone in the band listed as songwriters. It does make sense.

Greg

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 06:02:29 pm »

Paul told a story about walking down the st with John before the agreement and asked John about including George in the credits.  The answer is obvious, but that would have been interesting.