letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Teachers Who Taught Me...  (Read 1168 times)

Greg

The Teachers Who Taught Me...
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »

I teach 1st gr.  Heres my ?

What memory from sch do you have?

I remember a soc st teacher in hs that always would talk to me or at least acknowledge that I existed.  He didnt know it but it meant the world to me even after all these years.  I wasnt a cute girl or an athlete so I was one of those faceless kids who didnt exist.  But I existed to him and that meant a lot. 

I also remember getting hurt pretty bad on the football field during a gym class.  I was on the ground (and ended up having surgery).  The gym teachers just walked on by.  Didnt even say a word.  Two upper class men helped me get down the hill and back to the school by pretty much carrying me. 

2 of 3

• Email
Re: The Teachers Who Taught Me...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 05:38:13 pm »

All I remember about HS is hating every second of it and couldn't wait for it to be over. Oddly enough, I had at least one friend in every clicky social circle. Not that any of them would admit it to their other friends. Kids.  ???

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: The Teachers Who Taught Me...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 06:44:09 pm »

I have had several teacher heroes in my life, luckily. My second grade teacher, Ms. Pachoud, was the first person outside of my family to tell me that I had anything besides ordinary potential and encouraged me to work in the area of spelling, which I suppose she saw as an area in which I was good. Mr. Bob Folsom, my math teacher in both seventh and eighth grade, was the first teacher to treat me as if I were just a regular person, carrying on conversations about music and politics for more time than I can recall, suffering my immature observations patiently. It was from him I learned the art of listening, making sure the other person had my undivided attention. Finally, there was Ms. Linda Harris, my high school FORUM teacher. She helped each of us in that class full of Sheldons to think outside the norm, to look at accepted things differently.

Each of these gifted educators pushed me in ways too numerous to count, all in the interest of making me a more well-rounded person.....
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?