John Lennon Forums > All John- General Discussions

Lennon Critics

(1/2) > >>

Greg:
Idk if this has been covered.  It prob has.

What are your thoughts on the people who decry..."He was a woman beater! A drug abuser!  A rich hypocrite! A mean guy!" ???

I dont have time right now but my initial reaction is that all of us have done things that are not good.  Thats what humans do.  I have more to say but cant right now.    There is a break at band practice right now and they were discussing Lennon.

2 of 3:
Not to generalise or anything....ok...maybe I am....but aren't most tortured artists a bit of a dick? :P

Keri:
I have just read books by two of his partner's May Pang and Cynthia Lennon and i have to say there is plenty of stuff that isn't great about John.

But I think it's wrong to see him as simply a perpetrator, as far as wife beating he hit Cynthia once according to her and he was contrite and didn't do it again. But John didn't have a good upbringing what strikes me is that he was probably the most fragile Beatle, he lost both parents, his mother might have been fun but she did stuff that wasn't appropriate and then Mimi was also a piece of work she was abusive, selfish and Cynthia witnessed at least one occasion of physical violence, I suspect it was not the only one. John's uncle who was the more caring surrogate parent died too, then his best friend Stuart. Johh was damaged he had demons that i think he never conquered but he made great music.

Greg:

--- Quote from: 2 of 3 on October 13, 2016, 08:33:33 pm ---Not to generalise or anything....ok...maybe I am....but aren't most tortured artists a bit of a dick? :P

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  It happens so often doesnt it?  Something in the personality and/or life didnt go right for that person. 

2 of 3:
Yeah, it's a bit like somebody throwing a switch. Fine one moment, and then somebody says or does something that reminds them of a bad moment in their life and BOOM.  :-[  I guess that applies to everyone. A famous person gets recorded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version