letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Driving(and what bugs you about it)  (Read 2080 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Driving(and what bugs you about it)
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:44:18 pm »

Do you find that on some days, people drive like they are crazy zombie's?

I have a few questions, that maybe you folks have an explanation for.

First: Why is it that a lot of the time that you are driving on a 2 lane roadway, the car coming towards you almost always gets closer and closer to the centre line? It's like some weird game of chicken. Do they subconsciously move over like that thinking...hey you...this is my lane?

Second: Why do motorcyclists pretty much straddle the center line? You are driving along and some easy rider dude has his mirror straddling the line? Why do they do that? What is wrong with the middle of their lane? Is there less gravel or something closer to the middle and they feel safer? So weird.

Third: Get off your F*%&king phone! >:(

I've seen people driving with their knees and texting.  ::)

kylenz

• Email
Re: Driving(and what bugs you about it)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 01:37:44 am »

A workmate I carpool with and I had the same conversation last week - he had a solution - why not just put a barrier guard down the centre line on the highways? Sure there would be no more overtaking (except on passing lanes). I dunno, maybe this is going too far - there's only so much we can do before it becomes a case of protecting us from ourselves!

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:36:16 pm »

People who drive around 365 days a year with a trailer hitch. If you are not pulling a trailer...take it off. I'm a bit surprised that insurance companies don't mandate this. A tiny rear ender turns into Thousands of dollars of damage because of that stupid thing sticking out. Not to mention my shins when you walk past one in a parking lot.  >:(

Greg

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 09:48:50 am »

That trailer hitch idea is interesting.  Never thought of that.

Also, sometimes when people pass they are only going to the same destination as you, and it's usually under 20 miles away.  By passing you they can possibly get there about 90 seconds ahead of you if they're lucky.

I don't get what the heck motorcycles are doing.  In Michigan their seems to be a weird arrogance going on that the world has to stop and make sure we all have the needs of motorcycles forefront in our minds.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 09:05:58 pm »

Why do motorcyclists pretty much straddle the centre line? 

So I mentioned this to a motorcycle driving co-worker today.  He said it's because the middle of the lane is really slippery(since cars leak oil) and that it's just habit from when you drive in wet conditions.

Greg

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »

I dont like when people beep at you and act like you just broke a family heirloom because you accidentally pulled out in front of them by mistake or made some other common driving mistake.

I never beep at people and always wave and smile if they screw up.  ...I never get that in return.

I will make one exception to beeping.  I someone is passing and is coming way too close to me by being in my lane Ill beep.  You dont have to be in such a hurry that youre passing in an unsafe manner.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:12:48 pm by Greg »