letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Interesting "RAM" Article  (Read 1370 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
Interesting "RAM" Article
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:58:07 pm »

I always like it when folks finally figure it out...

http://www.culturesonar.com/ram-paul-mccartney/

If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

Re: Interesting "RAM" Article
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 05:48:28 pm »

I heard someone was talking about Ram...

Good article.  Wish it was longer.  The guitar is great all over this album.  The lyrics...I like them.  Long Haired Lady...I think...should be shorter. 

The last line I'd never thought of.  He said that this album nudged pop songwriting in the direction of writing about life's small details. Well...I wish he would have expanded on that conjecture.  I can't totally embrace that, but I suppose one can't discount the statement either.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:36:11 pm »

Yeah, there wasn't as much detail as I would have liked either. I recall thinking how bad this album sounded when I first bought it....I was heavy into Lennon at the time and went along with all the critics who said it smelled of domesticity, which, it was thought, was incompatible with rock-n-roll. Glad I got me head out of my posterior.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:29:20 pm »

I can see why you weren't thrilled with it after reading your explanation.  That album was one of those albums that was a right-place-at-the-right-time albums. 

I bought it at 15 and played it over and over and played it at work when I supervised cleaned and gave out change at a small laundromat in our town.  I just knew every note of that album and it fit what I liked at the time.