letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Live Album  (Read 1347 times)

Greg

Live Album
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:46:58 pm »

Maybe weve gone over this.  Dont even respond if we did.

Frampton Comes Alive, to me, has everything that a great live album should have, and he did it better than anyone on that album.

Those 70s audiences were great.  Both of Geils live albums are fantastic.  Segers is great.
Hollywood Bowl is great but its more of a time piece to me.  It is magical though.

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Live Album
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:51:57 pm »

The Who- Live at Leeds always comes into my head first with live albums. What's interesting about Frampton Comes Alive is how popular it was, considering nobody knew who the guy was.(which I guess isn't quite true since he filled a stadium) I'm surprised somebody else hasn't tried the concept. Play all your best tunes in one show and record it. Crazy how it took off, but it was full of pretty good tunes..that always helps. :)

Greg

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:21:46 pm »

My memories align with what you said.  I had heard his name but knew virtually nothing about him.  Then that album came out.  That album was really kind of a compilation of several failed studio albums I think.

Greg

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:22:37 pm »

And I thought it was orig one album but it caught on so well they recorded more tunes to make it a double. ???