letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Godfather  (Read 2051 times)

lampie1970

• Email
The Godfather
« on: April 16, 2013, 03:33:31 pm »

No, you didnt read that wrong...No, not a remake....I went to see The Godfather on the big screen at my local theater as part of a "Classics" night.

Doesnt this movie have everything? Great characters, great dialogue, great directing...It is a movie that can keep me in my seat for three solid hours. and keep me riveted for all three of those hours...that is hard to do! Since, we all know this movie, i will just post this for everyone to reminisce on the first time they saw it, or their favorite scene, or favorite one liner....

I will say this, i caught a few things on the big screen that i missed on the small. One thing is when they are looking for Luca Brasi (and right before the fishes turn up), Michael is calling him on the phone trying to find him. When the knock comes at the door, and there is the fishes. Michael drops the receiver on to the base and makes this face, the face like: Well, i guess i dont need to call anymore! cause he aint gonna answer!! Made me laugh.

Anyway, if you havent seen this movie...WHAT??!!?? ha ha It is a classic among classics...My Recommendation? See it immediately :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/?ref_=sr_1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:35:30 pm by lampie1970 »

chris

• Email
Re: The Godfather
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »

this is my favorite movie. or...in my top two. one of the few that I watch every time it's on. seen it maybe 50 times. the bluray version looks so fabulous. like it did the day it came out. when johnny fontaine went into don vito's office to ask for a favor...I couldn't help but think...look at that suit...it's linen...I bet that is so comfortable...(that's how fine the details are in the remastered blu ray)...right before vito slaps him and tells him to act like a man.

we should get a godfather trivia thingie going.

never go against the family...let's make him an offer he can't refuse...

someone get moe green an eyepatch. he's gonna need one.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

lampie1970

• Email
Re: The Godfather
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:14:35 am »

one think i think everytime i see it is: "Poor khartoum"