General Discussions > Revolution

The Shaking Head Thread

(1/2) > >>

2 of 3:
My condolences to everyone in Las Vegas.  :'(

...and now Tom Petty.  :(

Greg:
Vegas....why?  I want to know why.

Was he on an anti-depressant?   Did something happen in his life?

Why hurt people who had never harmed you?  No matter what was going on I dont get why you would shoot someones kid or mom or sister or whatever.

Tom Petty...Idk.   Tom Petty?  That one really threw me.  I dont know why.  Never liked his music much except I did go buy Damned the Torpedoes when it came out and thought it was fantastic.  Still do.  But...like Springsteen, Neil Young and some others I never liked their music but thought highly of them as artists and thought they were great people too.  Tom Petty...thought he would be that 85 year old still looking and sounding the same.

Mervap:
Well, just as I've gotten my head around Tom Petty being gone, the news is different....the same end result is likely, but who knows?

Las Vegas is still sinking in. I have no words at all....

Greg:

--- Quote from: Mervap on October 02, 2017, 07:07:29 pm ---
Las Vegas is still sinking in. I have no words at all....

--- End quote ---

Vegas.     I dont know much about it.  This seems to be what America is now in a sense though.

But....gun control.  I live in an area where guns are everywhere.  Ill bet 80% of the people on my block have guns.  People are never shot here.  Are guns the problem?
Ive never shot a gun.  I dont like guns.  I dont like the military.  Im vegetarian.  But I dont think banning guns would really do much.

I think guns are the symptom.  The problem is something else.

I know, I might have just as well have written blah blah blah blah.  And ended it with some comment about Hitler.

2 of 3:

--- Quote ---I think guns are the symptom.  The problem is something else.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think you're right. Other countries have guns and they don't seem to use them on each other.(sure, it happens). I'm not sure what you can do now though.

This is kind of shocking:  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/oct/02/america-mass-shootings-gun-violence

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version