letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Internet  (Read 1267 times)

2 of 3

• Email
The Internet
« on: November 04, 2017, 05:06:24 pm »

I think that maybe Star Trek was right. There are other dimensions. I think maybe the internet is pretty much the mirror universe of TOS. I truly believe that everyone who posts in a comment section, must be sporting a goatee. It's like everyone has gone mad. :o

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: The Internet
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »

Any incident in particular indicate the follical activity or is this a general hair-grow?

I think the issue with comments sections are based on the fact that, when face to face with someone, one has to be civil....online, one can be as vile as one wishes to be. Or not. I have a distaste for drama of all sorts, so I am as nice in person as I am online....easier to remember who I am that way!
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:34:57 pm »

I guess it's just me not being smart enough to NOT read the comments. LOL!

But wow...you read an article or watch a Youtube video, and for every positive comment, there are 100 that are negative. I guess I just don't get why someone would go online and talk about all the things they hate. The cat stopped listening maybe?  ;D

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 09:25:34 pm »

It's always best to try to be civil, I think it is fine to disagree with someone, but try to see where you agree to and if you disagree say why rather than calling someone names, a response which is too common.

It's a weird world of Russian bots, trolls and spleen. I still like to think good will come of it. It's a kind of cultural democracy and I'd like to think it can work. I think it's cool that anyone with a PC can create content put it up and in some cases be wildly popular and even earn a living from it. In other cases stir thought and response.