Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Timing  (Read 1812 times)

2 of 3

• Email
Timing
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:47:51 pm »

It's been said that "timing" is as important as anything else in life.

A couple of weeks ago I "just for the heck of it" took a look at my Google+ page. I never go there. Does anybody? But..right out of nowhere, there is a message from a friend from my past. I went to college with him and we shared an apartment for 2 years. A terrific guy who was from England. He was a hoot. In class, he was always the devil's advocate. In any debate, he took the opposite view. He was really good at it too. Anyway, as time passed, he got married and we lost touch..so it was a  surprise to see he was trying to find me. We got into a chat and traded stories for a while..catching up if you will. It was good to hear from him. He asked for my address so he could send a Christmas card. We decided "not to be strangers" and that we would chat again soon.
On the 18th I sent him a line just to say "hi" but I did not get a reply. I thought nothing of it really, but for the heck of it...tried his Facebook page. It turns out he passed away on the 16th. Timing.

Life is strange and weird.  :(

Greg

Re: Timing
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:03:57 pm »

Are you kidding?   (Rhetorical question)

2 of 3. that is an incredible story.  Absolutely incredible.  Heartbreaking.  Inspiring.

I dont even know what else to say.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 12:53:00 pm »

An amazing, heart-rending story.....so glad you guys got to catch up, but....damn.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 07:53:15 pm »

Bit of a follow-up. It occurred to me that he may have reached out to me because he knew he was ill and wanted to touch base with people. That was not the case though. He went to the doctor with a stomach ache and he passed away two days later from acute leukaemia. I'm glad he did get in touch. It's just so weird.  :P

Greg

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 08:45:31 am »

I think that, had you not seen that google message, you probably would have found out he died at some point in your life.  I cant imagine how different your thoughts would be when you found out he had died if youd never had a chance to talk after college.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 08:57:17 am »

Well, the other weird thing is...I only noticed his message on Google+ because I got a message from Google that YOU were following me. I guess I have you to thank for talking to him at all. Thanks, Greg :)

Greg

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 05:25:16 pm »

Ok....to up the weirdness.  I didnt know I was following you on google+.  Im not sure I even know what google+ is.  Maybe I saw something come across my email and saw your name so clicked on it.  What is google+?