General Discussions > Lady Lampie's Movie Corner

Thor Ragnarok

(1/1)

Keri:
I hadn't watched any of the previous Thor movies. This one was directed by a Kiwi director Taika Waititi. It was because of him that I went and it had his quirky humour and good will all over it. It's really cool seeing Kiwi actors accents and sense of humour up there in a big block buster movie. I think I'm going to get the DVD of this one. Loved it.

Mervap:
I felt like the two previous Thor movies were quite good as action/hero flicks. It's good to hear this one sounds awesome...

Keri:
Let me know what you think of it. I'm wanting to see it again, I know many others have enjoyed it, but I'm interested to see how American's view the humour.

Mervap:
Hopefully, I'll see it this weekend... 8)

Keri:
I got the earlier Thor movies and the 1st Avengers movie on dvd on the strength of Thor Ragnarok. They're all quite different in tone to the new movie which is largely comic. Usually I don't find comedy and fantasy mix that well, but I think because of Taika's idiosyncratic vision it does, the comedy isn't just cheap gags. For Kiwi/Australians there are a few local references, the Commodore spaceship and of course the Maori casting and Korg's Maori/Pacific Island voicing.  I also think Taika brought out a better character for Thor which always felt a bit flimsy in the other movies, He seems way more lively, human and engaging and fills the role better.
Having said all that I enjoyed watching the other movies, quite entertaining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version