Every Little Thing- Beatles Discussion > The Beatles- General Discussion

Two quotes Ive always questioned.

(1/2) > >>

Greg:
The Lennon explanation of why he and Yoko were snorting heroin.  The "We were in so much pain" explanation.  Everyone so mean to us.  BS.

Paul:  "I'm/He's a workaholic."  I think this is ridiculous.  He was never a workaholic. Look into his employment history. Wanting to show up and play music with your friends for hours isn't being a workaholic.  Its anything but.

Even now he could be doing anything he wants with his millions at this age.  He knows whats fun.  Even I realize how fun it is to play gigs.  I dont care about the money, and practices are a blast when we all just play music, hang out, and have fun. 

2 of 3:
A: "artists"  8)

B: I sort of agree. When it's that easy for you, it's not really work. That being said....he was pretty much in "getter done" mode for a long time.

Greg:
Yeah, even I'll "sort of" agree with my own words.  True...He has been in that mode for a long time. 

Its just semi-bugged me that he's portrayed himself as this Northern working-class workaholic because he plays a lot of music. 

2 of 3:
I'm actually surprised that Paul has so much time go by between albums. I mean, I know he's in his 70's so he's going to slow down, but he was so prolific in the past.

Greg:
Yeah...that is kind of weird.  Maybe the live shows have had an impact on this...meaning it takes up more of his time and energy.

Here is a cool pic of Paul at "work".  He used to even "work" at home.  https://i.redd.it/az0m50mpesk01.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version