letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Two quotes Ive always questioned.  (Read 2007 times)

Greg

Two quotes Ive always questioned.
« on: March 08, 2018, 07:27:19 pm »

The Lennon explanation of why he and Yoko were snorting heroin.  The "We were in so much pain" explanation.  Everyone so mean to us.  BS.

Paul:  "I'm/He's a workaholic."  I think this is ridiculous.  He was never a workaholic. Look into his employment history. Wanting to show up and play music with your friends for hours isn't being a workaholic.  Its anything but.

Even now he could be doing anything he wants with his millions at this age.  He knows whats fun.  Even I realize how fun it is to play gigs.  I dont care about the money, and practices are a blast when we all just play music, hang out, and have fun. 

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Two quotes Ive always questioned.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 06:53:56 am »

A: "artists"  8)

B: I sort of agree. When it's that easy for you, it's not really work. That being said....he was pretty much in "getter done" mode for a long time.

Greg

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:48:27 pm »

Yeah, even I'll "sort of" agree with my own words.  True...He has been in that mode for a long time. 

Its just semi-bugged me that he's portrayed himself as this Northern working-class workaholic because he plays a lot of music. 

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 08:44:32 pm »

I'm actually surprised that Paul has so much time go by between albums. I mean, I know he's in his 70's so he's going to slow down, but he was so prolific in the past.

Greg

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 09:05:41 pm »

Yeah...that is kind of weird.  Maybe the live shows have had an impact on this...meaning it takes up more of his time and energy.

Here is a cool pic of Paul at "work".  He used to even "work" at home.  https://i.redd.it/az0m50mpesk01.jpg

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:33:03 am »

I am a little split on this one....music is what Paul does for a living, so, by definition, if he's in the studio or on tour or writing, he's "at work". It looks like a fine job to have, though.......I'll bet he enjoys his work more than I enjoy being an electrician. :-)
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 09:35:18 am »

I thought you were a plumber?  ;)

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 09:36:09 am »

Only at home, my friend.....lol
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?