letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Beatles  (Read 1584 times)

Greg

Beatles
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:56:41 am »

Ive got nothing to say, but its ok.

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Beatles
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:59:33 pm »

These guys were pretty ok, sometimes, eh?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 06:07:23 pm »

Yeah...if you like that kind of thing.  I guess.
Are they still together?

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:18:17 am »

Haven't seen anything new lately.....maybe?

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:10:43 am »

My daughter is listening to some Beatles now, that's nice.

I listened to Mark Lewisohn on a podcast, he's still thinking he's on track for completing book 2 next year but says he's got way more material. Next year doesn't seem too far away, that man does a crazy amount of research.

One thing Mark said was that George only bought 2 songs to Abbey Rd and he was thinking about doing a solo album. He also seemed to think that business reasons might have actually caused the Beatles split and even at the end they were talking about plans to do other things. He also spoke about Let it Be and echoed what Peter Jackson had said that really there isn't a lot of fighting in the band in those sessions.

I still like the Beatles a lot, but I haven't listened to them much recently, actually my hearing has been quite poor so I have been listening to music less.

Do you guys think in the future you'll have official releases of most of the Beatles sessions? I think tons of stuff has come out on bootlegs and stuff, I still tend to just listen to official stuff, but I am starting to feel more like the Anthology CDs are like proper albums that you listen to them right through, they have a collage quality that I think is quite intrinsic to the Beatles, the white album was like that.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 05:38:15 pm »

I'm still holding out hope that there will be deluxe packages for albums like Abbey Road and Revolver. The bonus materials are so much fun, too. Hard to say whether it will happen, though. The ones that have been released have certainly sold well.