Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Paul  (Read 1182 times)

Greg

Paul
« on: April 22, 2019, 04:37:29 pm »

It's amazing that Paul isn't an a**hole.  A selfish, conceited jerk.

He's been talented, good-looking, rich, and famous since he was young.
It's incredible that he didn't turn into an unpleasant person.

I don't know if I could have survived all that without becoming arrogant, etc.

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: Paul
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 07:06:07 pm »

You wonder if he ever went through a period where he did get a little jerky.....he always seems so cool..
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Greg

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 08:57:13 pm »

Body Count describes him being as selfish.  I would guess that some of it is valid considering the time frame. It was a difficult time for him.  But overall what a good, good person.

I know Denny has described some unflattering behavior, but even he's pretty saying that Paul is a decent guy overall.

Whoever was working on RRSW initially had unkind words but not really a blanket statement that he's a jerk.  (I forgot who was orig there to produce that album.)

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 05:48:50 am »

He was about 20 when he became famous, so not like Michael Jackson and on top of that it was 4 of them, so not like Elvis, George has made this point.

I think all of them are pretty good guys, Paul was the most affable but I get the impression that George was actually the one that formed the strongest friendships, Ringo comes across as a bit crusty but I think that is more about the way he faces fame. As for John, say what you like but most of the people that knew him loved the guy.

Paul does still seem to be someone who knows and accepts where he came from, he seems to appreciate people and what I really like is that he seems a genuinely happy person.