Paul McCartney Forums > McCartney- Albums

Wings only.

(1/2) > >>

Greg:
Is there a Wings tune that you consider bad?

I don't have one.  Every song on every Wings' album is good (or great) to me.

Yes...I believe that and have always thought that.

Go ahead and start naming every song on Wildlife.  I'm 100% convinced it's a great song.
Ok...not all of them great, but they are all good or above.

Cook of the House?  Yes...even that.  Good.

Mervap:
I'll review and see how that shakes out....

Greg:
Girlfriend.  To me, Girlfriend barely makes the good list.  I'm probably letting that one in without proper qualifications.

Mervap:
Agreed on Girlfriend......also never been fond of So Bad. Of course, that one isn't a Wings tune....

Keri:
I don't have the albums Wings at the Speed of Sound or Wild Life and I don't miss them so I don't think they're great although Silly Love Songs is.

Forthe most part I sometimes find Paul's songs ignorable but seldom just bad. The Wings stuff for me doesn't stand out particularly from his solo work. RAM is great as is Red Rose Speedway, I think I prefer Tug og War to Back to the Egg. London Town and Band on the Run are excellent albums but so are Flaming Pie and Off the Ground (I know I'm in a minority on this one) Flaming Pie does have some songs that I think weaken the album "used to be bad" and "really love you".

Do you guys think that Wings work particularly stands out in Paul's catalogue? For me they might just as well be Paul solo albums, that's a good thing though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version