letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: New. What's knew?  (Read 980 times)

Greg

New. What's knew?
« on: April 19, 2020, 12:47:40 pm »

What's the latest in your life?

School is cancelled here of course.  We get paid regular salary. 
I still x-country ski everyday here, play records, play the banjo quite a bit right now.  I was never a good banjo player, so now's my time to get better!

Here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan we have very few cases of Corona.

Nevertheless...I do everything the CDC recommends.

(There are people downstate protesting.  I haven't been down there in about 40 years.  We, here up here, really are different than that peninsula.  It may say Michigan on my driver's license , but I'm not from that Michigan.)

Keri

• Music from under my skin
Re: New. What's knew?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 11:37:00 pm »

Nice to know there are few cases in your area.

Here in New Zealand our plan is to get rid of it entirely, it might be possible, we are an Island Nation and have closed our borders to all but returning NZers, who must go into quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. We are nearing the end of over 4 weeks of serious lock down, with all businesses that aren't essential services closed and we're all staying at home. New cases are in single figures, 5 today, all cases have contact tracing done. We'll still be quite tightly locked down from next week, but more businesses will open if they can do contactless delivery.

I'm fine about it, it's worth a try, at present this is the only real way to control the virus.

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: New. What's knew?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 06:35:48 am »

I live about 40 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia. We had been in a "shelter-in-place" order until yesterday....and our governor is not a very smart man. He is "re-opening" our state, relying upon the individual businesses and the people who patronize them to look out for themselves. I think we will NOT be fine.

On a personal note, my job is considered "essential", so my work routine hasn't changed much, outside of wearing a mask and washing my hands until they feel like sandpaper. The county I live in hasn't been very hard hit, but the number is still growing, although slowing a bit.

Strange days, indeed.....
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?